Friday, April 1, 2011

Growing from Seeds Update, April 1st, 2011



I think that it is appropriate to post and update on my seedlings on April Fools Day. Some of the flowers were started way too early and in few days our sunroom will look like a garden center in May. Next week many of the plants will be transplanted to their final container or basket and other will be transplanted to bigger container where they wait till transferred into a flower bed. I don’t think that I have too many choices. I have to find out which seedlings I can nip and which I can’t touch.  I’ve already nipped Black Eyed Susan Vine trailers and some Snapdragon Lampion (Trailing) but I am not sure about Snapdragon Rocket which is a traditional straight plant. The packet says that it is grown as a cut flower so I am not sure.
On veggie front the tomatoes, peppers and eggplants are nice and robust and grown under lights. They are right on target as far as time line is concerned.
Here are pictures of what starts to look like a jungle.
I almost forgot to mention that Zinnia and Snapdragon are blooming. Oh boy, am I ever in a trouble L

 Tomatoes and peppers, Petunia on left.

 Painted Tongue

 Petunia


 Tomatoes and peppers
 Lobelias, Cosmos (bottom left)

 Snapdragon Lampion. Notice the bloom at left.

 French Taragon (from last year)

 Red Millet (bottom) and Zinnia

Snapdragon in bloom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice signs of Spring...inside anyway...still too cold out there.

It is a long way before these plants get outside to their final location...

Meanwhile, I do enjoy them in the sunroom.

Anonymous said...

Jerry; I got sidetracked from the GW forums and ended up here. You sure are busy with all your activities and postings. Just wanted to tell you that the Wonton soup looked so good that I tried it. I enjoyed it. Most all your recipes look very tasty.I'll have to try more. Keep posting. Ross.

Ferdzy said...

Oh goodness! They're looking very good though; not at all leggy. Let's hope for a mild spring that will allow them to get out there soon.