Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lobelia Mix and Snapdragon Lampion

It has been almost 5 months since I have planted my first seeds and finally I start to see fruits of my labor. Or should it be flowers? Despite one of the wettest and coldest spring that I have seen the blooms are opening more and more every day. If the sun comes out I expect that in few weeks the baskets will be covered in blooms.
All other plants I grew from seeds are doing quite well, especially Zinnias, Thunbergia, Red Millet, Petunias, Nasturtium, Salpiglossis, Nicotiana, actually all of them. It is just that I didn’t realize how long Lobelia and Snapdragon need to grow to the trailing stage. Next year I won’t be so impatient, I hope.
Her are some photos.

Lobelia Mix started to bloom.


Snapdragon Lampion started to bloom as well.

Zinnias are in flower for whole month.
Petunia and Nasturtium,

Snapdragon Rocket.

Sunflower Sunny Smile

Nicotiana and Zinnias.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerry: Your Japanese garden is very tranquil looking. Enjoy! I am impressed with the number of projects you seem to be involved with. Your end results are beautiful. Keep up the great work. Ross.

Jerry said...

Thanks for the compliment and encouragement, Ross. We both love to keep busy. Retirement gives us the time we didn’t have when we worked at our jobs.