Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Last Harvest of 2011


I have to admit that the end of my veggie garden season came much faster than I have anticipated. It was fun, though. Next year the garden will be very, very different, that much I know. Not only what I will grow but also how much. I do have a rough idea but nothing will be finalised until next spring.
Here is the last harvest of peppers and tomatoes. The green roma tomatoes at top left will be made into relish and some will be sliced and fried even though I have never done that. All the peppers and tomatoes will be cooked together with onions and garlic and frozen. The dish is a sort of casserole called Lecsó and is a popular Hungarian dish that rest of the countries from former Austrian-Hungarian Empire adopted as their own.
It was a lot of work to seed and slice the peppers but it was so worth it! The picture story will be posted next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a summer of abundance in the garden. So many tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, peas, eggplants, peppers, garlic, onions, arugula, basil and all the other herbs.
Yes, a lot of goodness and freshness in this little patch of garden.
Mother Nature deserves a rest for the next few months.