Thursday, January 27, 2011

Potato Pancake with Broccoli and Curry

Yesterday I have received a fine shredding disk for my Cuisinart 11 cup Pro food processor (great for making pizza dough) and somehow got craving for latke. What a timing! I had baking potato so all I needed was egg and little flour. When I reached for egg carton I got glimpse of broccoli and decision was made. Since I always add little curry into my cream of broccoli soup I thought that it will go well in pancakes. Great decision! Since it is so quick to make now that I don’t have to grate by hand it is a weekly snack for sure.

To make 2 large or 4 smaller pancakes:

1 large russet baking potato, finely grated
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
2 Tbs. flour
1 tsp. Malaysian or Indian curry
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbs. olive oil

Preheat non-stick frying pan on medium high heat with oil.
Mix grated potato with salt, pepper and curry.
Add egg and broccoli and mix till well combined.
Mix in flour and combine.
Pour 1/2 cup of potato mixture into hot pan and spread about pencil thin.
When golden brown on bottom, about 5 minutes, turn over and crisp other side.
Repeat till done.
Serve as is or with yogurt or sour cream.

No comments: